SPACE IS LIMITED: RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE!
Are you interested in hardware, interactive environments and electronic instruments but don’t know where to begin? Have you ever wanted to create your own mixed-media installation with lights, sounds, images and motion? Do you wish you could design your own interactive Daft Punk set?
Well, all your wishes are coming true! Come to Karaj to gain new super powers like:
- Controlling a force of nature to light lights, run motors, and make music (AKA basic electronics)
- How to make a tiny computer do anything you want! (AKA Microcontroller programming)
- Have a vibrating disk create beats to dance to (music synthesis)
We will be running a day long workshop with our very own hardware maker Guru, Bilal Ghalib, coming straight from the Michigan for your workshopping pleasure.
The workshop will cover fundamentals of electronics and programming micro-controllers with Arduinos, the easiest, fastest and baddest microcontroller platform in the world. Using entirely free and open source technology we will begin to experiment with developing your own mixed media project.
As a final project we’ll split into teams and compete to create the best miniature Daft Punk music video! (Check this video for inspiration :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZjqVnWBhc&feature=relmfu)
The winning project will be judged on:
- use of skills learned
- AND danceability!
Saturday October 22nd, 12pm – 5pm
For info call Sima at: 03-871955
- No prior knowledge of hardware needed.
- Knowledge of programming a plus, but not required.
- Only requirements are: a desire to learn and uncurbed enthusiasm!
Fees and Notes:
- Space is very limited (16 lucky participants only)
- Workshop fee is $25 (including hardware needed to build the project). Your spot is only reserved when you make the payment.
- Snacks will be provided
- Please bring your laptop. If you do not have access to one, we may be able to lend you one. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTANT: if you are unable to pay via paypal, please contact Sima at email@example.com and arrange cash payment with her
About Bilal Ghalib
Bilal Ghalib is an entrepreneur, robotics engineer and educator. He
has been tinkering with electronics his whole life and started playing
with Arduino in 2008. He loves sharing his passion for meaningful work
by promoting entrepreneurship. His interest in DIY technology drives
him to share the knowledge that people can do anything they want,
including starting businesses and building robots. He is currently
working in the middle east teaching electronics and promoting
hackerspaces through The Global Entrepreneurship and Maker Space
Initiative (gemsi.org). He is the co-founder of the hackerspace All
Hands Active (allhandsactive.com) and the design and print studio
Modati Studios (modati.com).