Type of Theater class: Drama
Date of class: TBA
Time of the class: from 6pm-10pm
Price of the class: $50
UPDATE: the class has been postponed to a later date (TBA soon) so stay tuned!
UPDATE: Dunkin Donuts has just signed on as a sponsor!
Act on Spot performance teaches you how to be spontaneous and ready for action right on the spot. You will engage in something you just came up with right on the spot then your other peers will react to your performance as well as others. This activity will help you discover your talent especially if you’re not aware of it. It takes a few laughs then action takes you to the upper level in comedy where you act without laughing but making others crack up none stop.
Are you looking for a drama class that boosts your self esteem? If yes, then you are in the right spot where we teach you technical actions and some of the comedian ways to make the crowd love you more. Once this trust between the audience and performers is built, then your acting becomes your career right on the spot.
Of course we all get scared from performing out there live in front of real audience but what makes it more interesting is the result afterwards and what it changes or adds to your life. Dealing with peers will make your anxiety disappear right on the spot. When you see others looking ridiculous, you won’t feel shy about your performance, same applies to professional performers, and they might encourage you to enhance your acting skills.
The workshop will include:
- Act& react: Act on spot with peers ‘’ create a conflict and find a closure while others are participating’’
- How to read the script and act upon it, and study the character
- Stanislavski method ‘’ The Magic If’’ how the actor should put himself in the character’s shoes. ‘’What if this incident happens to you, how would you react’’
- Sneezing but not slotting: How to turn your emotions into a skill and use it as a tool whenever needed.
- Copy & paste: Selecting best scenes as role models to perform alive on stage. Of course we will be providing some material ready and performers should select the best one. They copy the best movie scene they desire to act and then they should maintain same quality performance. Make it or break it
To find out a bit more about Sarah, you can read her bio below
After earning my education in Filmmaking from NYFA (Los Angeles), Scriptwriting from UCLA ( Los Angeles), and Drama From Millfield Enterprise ( London), I have realized the opportunities media can offer to create life awareness, acquire new interests for customers, satisfy different types of people, develop new interest, contribute with different aspects, and distribution strategies. I love the challenges drama offers and I also like writing my own scripts, working in cinematography is another adding skill that broaden my knowledge.I worked in Fox Century with many well-known producers for a script Hugo and I worked with a group ‘’Screen writers development group’’ where we read a script and write our critiques. I also worked on set as a crew assistant with celebrities such as Jennifer Love-Hewitt and Jack Nicholson. I have been teaching adult Drama workshops in Middle-East schools and was proud in creating confidence in my students and also building vision to their artistic world. Doing workshops have played a major role in making me more focused into directing because the world is only a stage and people are merely players like Shakespeare says, making people believe our stories are our main target and part of the challenge.Moreover, every person has a mission to accomplish but among all other careers, director’s mission is to be a messenger.